Easily Use MP4 files in Windows Movie Maker
MP4, as a quite hot file extension, is widely used for saving media data and can be found in lots of places online or off line, which means, you may download MP4 videos from video sharing sites such as YouTube and Fox, or shared some MP4 videos from others. But some MP4 video files are practically unaccepted by Windows Movie Maker. In order to fix this, we need to transcode MP4 to Windows Movie Maker compatible format like WMV or AVI before importing.
Known issues when Windows Movie Maker dealing with MP4 files
These are the common problems encountered by many Windows Movie Maker users:
- Windows Movie Maker returns an error message OxC946001D while i trying to import mp4 file to it.
- Windows Media Player 11 recognizes and plays MPEG-4 just fine but WMM doesn't.
- Every time when you import MP4 to Windows Movie Maker, it stops working.
Reason why we can not import MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
These problems occur because MP4 is incompatible with Windows Movie Maker. WMM supports .WMV, .asf, .AVI, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpv2, and .wm codecs and you can find that MP4 is not in the list.
Solution to Import/Read/Open MP4 in Windows Movie Maker
Actually, it's not as difficult as you imagine to fix these issues. To easily locate your MPEG-4 files into Windows Move Maker, what's need is to adjust MP4 into WMM recoginzed formats, such as .WMV, .asf, .AVI, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpv2, and .wm. The following top MP4 to WMM converter will solve all your problems about transcoding MP4 to Windows Movie Maker for editing.
To get the work done, a third-party software is needed. Here Pavtube Video Converter is highly recommended. It's a professional and powerful high-quality MP4 Video Converter and Editor. It supports creating high quality WMV video for your Windows Movie Maker, no matter what's the format of your source video files, be it MP4, MTS, or MXF, etc.. Besides, this smart program also provides users with useful editing functions like Trim, Crop, Effect, subtitle, Watermark. For basic video editing tasks, you can even replace your Windows Movie Maker with it. Below is a step-by-step guide on transcoding MP4 video to Windows Movie Maker accepted formats.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Guide: Transcoding MPEG-4/H.264 MP4 to WMV for Windows Movie Maker
Step 1: Add MP4 footage to MP4 converter for WMM. You can directly drag and drop video files to this software. If you want to merge multiple clips just need to check the "Merge into one file" box.
Step 2: Choose Windows Movie Maker editing format.
Select HD Video --> WMV HD(*.wmv) on the dropdown menu as output format. Besides, you can also choose Divx HD(*.avi) as output if you have not installed the .wmv codec.
1. You can adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., in the Profile Settings.
2. Moreover, the program has some simple edit functions like cropping, trimming, inserting subtiles, adding effects etc.
Step 3: Hit the "Start conversion" button at the bottom right corner to carry out the MP4 to Windows Movie Maker conversion process. It supports batch conversion. When the conversion ends, you can run the Windows Movie Maker and import the resulted wmv files in Windows Movie Maker easily.
Step 4: Depending on your version of Windows Movie Maker or Windows Live Movie Maker, the buttons are slightly different:
- Import MP4 video to Windows Movie Maker: When the conversion complete, open Windows Movie Maker and click Import or Import Video on the left to import your video to the movie collection and drag and drop to the timeline for editing.
- Import MP4 video to Windows Live Movie Maker: Start Windows Live Movie Maker and go to Home tab in the ribbon menu and click Add video in the Add panel to locate the converted MP4 video.
Now begin to make your own movie from the MP4 videos in WMM as you like.