Convert MKV to MP4 with one Top VLC Alternative
Description: This guide centers on how to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac OS X El Capitan within 3 steps only with one Top VLC Alternative.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It's easy to use, very powerful and available for free.
1. Ensure VLC has been installed to your computer and launch it. Make sure it's fully functional before attempting to convert your videos.
2. Add files- to do this, click on "file" from the menu bar and then "add" to allow you import files.
3. Next, you should click "convert/save" to open up a window that will clearly indicate where the files have come from and the folder to save to after conversion. Give the folder a suitable name.
4. Lastly, you can click on the "start" button which will begin the conversion process and they will be saved to the folder you selected.
But VLC has some cons: one is user interface is quite basic, another is ser interface slicker in Mac version. Besides, VLC cannot support all videos converting. And if you are irritated by advertisements, VLC does not have that and is immune to spyware attacks.
Part 2: Super easy way to Convert MKV to MP4 - iFastime Video Converter Ultimate
To diminish the difficulty in converting MKV to MP4 on Mac and avoid VLC shortcomings, you can count on Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Mac. It is a piece of cake to convert MKV to MP4, only need few clicks on the mouse. This Mac MKV to MP4 converter is totally free yet 100% clean and enjoys free upgrade to support Mac version - Mac OS X 10.11. In addition to freely converting MKV to MP4 format on Mac computer.
What’s more, this powerful MKV to MP4 video converter also supports other videos converting like Blu-ray to H.265, H.264 MP4 to H.265 MP4, convert MP4 to AVI, convert MKV on Mac, etc.
Simple steps to convert MKV to MP4 with the Top VLC Alternative
Free download and install
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Step 1. Import files
It is as simple as clicking on "File" from the menu bar then "Load Files" or "Add video". You will have an easy time browsing through the computer to locate files to import.
Step 2. Output format
MP4 is the one and only option you will go for in this one. There are several other formats available but you just have to ignore them for MP4. You can select .mp4 from "Common video" or "HD video".
Step 3. Begin conversion
When you click the "Start Conversion" button, the process of converting MKV to MP4 will begin in earnest and it will be very fast. When the conversion completes, click "Open" button in the main interface to get the transcoded files.
In summary, the top VLC Alternative, is very excellent on converting MKV to MP4, have a a try.