Best Video Convert: Convert a MOV File to an MP4
Description: The requirement of converting MOV to MP4 is becoming biger and biger. This post will tell you four methods of converting a MOV File to an MP4 on Mac and Windows.
There are several ways to convert a .mov to a mp4. But you cannot do it in regular quicktime. To convert your files, just follow these steps.
Method 1 of 4: Using a Free Web Tool
1.Know these tools are quick, easy and free but only usable for small files one at a time. One tool is Zamzar.com. You can simply upload your .mov file to Zamzar, and it will convert and email a link to the mp4 file.
2.Download the file to your hard drive. The file is stored for only one day
3. Consider the paid version. The free version works great for basic use. It will try to sell you advanced features. If you are a heavy user, you may want a paid version.
The paid version gives you more storage, faster conversions, and longer storage. It also removes the advertisements.
Method 2 of 4: Using Quicktime Pro
1.Purchase Quicktime Pro. Quicktime Pro is available to purchase from Apple; you may want it if you are a heavy editor of videos.
2.Download and install Quicktime Pro.
3.You can follow steps here to convert using Quicktime Pro.
Method 3 of 4: Using Amazon Web Services
1.Know that using Amazon Web Services is the fastest and cheapest way to convert large numbers of large files. It is also good if you want to set up a pipeline (where you are performing many large file transformations on an ongoing basis.).
2. Log into AWS. You can use your regular Amazon user name and password (the same one that you use to buy things) to log into AWS at: http://aws.amazon.com/
3. Create a Bucket to put the files you want to convert. A bucket is a place you can store a group of files, sort of like a file on a computer.
Go to console.aws.amazon.com/s3, and select "Create Bucket."
Upload your file(s) to the AWS Bucket you just created.
4.Go to the Amazon Elastic Transcoder. From Services, select "Elastic Transcoder."
5.Create a Pipeline. The pipeline is set up to help you translate many jobs. You should name it something like "convert my MOV to mp4."
6. Convert the file(s) by creating a job. The job is the actual file conversion, so this is the last step.
- From the create a job menu, select your pipeline (that you just created)
- Select the "input key" (the name of the file you want to convert from that pipeline)
- Enter an "output key prefix" (if you want all of your files to have a prefix to their file names, like directory/name of file.) You will need to have a "/" in the key. This is optional.
- Select the "preset" (which is the format you want the output to be in, the default is mp4 but you select the quality of the output, for example, 1080p.)
- Choose an "output key" which is the file name you want.
Method 4 of 4: Using the top iFastime Video Converter (Mac)
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is a outstanding MOV to MP4 video converter, which has helped many people to solve the video/audio conversions. Besides converting MOV to MP4, it also works in converting MP4 to MOV on Mac and Windows. Using it, you only need three clicks on the conversion.
If you are a Windows use, just get Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, and the steps are same.
Free download the top video converter for Mac:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Convert MOV to MP4 with iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
1. Click "Add video" button to choose MOV video files from your hard drive for converting. Or directly drag the video files you want to convert to the left item bar.
2. Set right output format. Click "Format" bar, and select .mp4 from "Common video" or "HD video".
The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the "Settings" button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is also a good choice.
3.Click the "Start conversion" button on the main interface and the software will start to convert MOV to MP4 quickly. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files.
The fourth method may be your smart choice, have a try.