Unable to import MP4 into DaVinci Resolve on computer? Solved!
Some MP4 to DaVinci Resolve issues
Q: “I want my GX8 UHD footage to work with Davinci Resolve 12, but it doesn't like the MP4 footage. It does like DNxHD. I am looking for a Windows solution, any suggestions?”
Q: “I have imported a .mp4 video into the timeline and automatically the video and audio track were filled. After closing and starting again I can't import this or any other video again without losing the video track. It only imports the audio part. What am I missing here?”
Q: “Sony a57 user. Usually do AVCHD, but I used MP4 for some reason on Easter for a short video of my 2 year old son. Not a big deal as it is likely fine as is, but I would like to play around with it to see what I can do. I transcoded it from Mp4 to AVI, WMV, MOV and still it would not recognize the file in the appropriate folder Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a better way to do it?”
In fact, there is hardly anything DaVinci Resolve doesn't support. However, it doesn't mean that you can import every piece of video into this world famous color corrector and amazing editor. When it comes to importing MP4 files to DaVinci Resolve, you may find that this editing program fails to recognize or sometimes may crash, which is really a great pain. If you're having trouble editing MP4 files in DaVinci Resolve 12, 11, 10, etc., read on for details.
Why MP4 files won't work in DaVinci Resolve?
The reason is that MP4 is a format container with different codecs which isn't compatible with Davinci Resolve. According to Davinci Resolve's offcial site, Resolve does not support MP4 files, or any compressed audio file formats. How can we freely load/import MP4 files in Resolve 9/10/11/12? The answer is change MP4 files to a more editing-friendly format, such a Resolve's DNxHD .mov.
Best Way to Resolve the MP4 and DaVinci Resolve Incompatibility?
To fix the problem, the easy workaround is to transcode MP4 to a more editing-friendly format, such a DaVinci Resolve's DNxHD codec. To finish the task, you can use the top MP4 to DaVinci Resolve Video Converter for Mac, the best video converter that can help you transcode any MP4 videos and other MKV/MTS/MXF/AVI/MOV/H.265/FLV to DaVinci Resolve compatible videos with original quality. Besides, this software can also transcode any video files for editing in Windows Movie Maker, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, etc NLEs.
Note: If you are running on Windows, please turn to the MP4 to DaVinci Resolve Video Converter (10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc) . Now just download it and follow the steps below to encode your MP4 videos to DaVinci Resolve on Mac.
Hot search: AVI to DaVinci Resolve * MOV to DaVinci Resolve * VOB to DaVinci Resolve
Download and get the professional MP4 to DaVinci Resolve video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Guide on How to make MP4 video supported by Davinci Resolve on Mac
(- It has a perfect compatibility with macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5)
Step 1: Load source MP4 videos
Launch the Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, and you may either click "Add video" button to import .mp4 files, or directly drag and drop the files into this program. If you'd like to combine multiple MP4 files to be a single file, you can tick the checkbox "Merge into one file".
Step 2: Select Resolve 9/10/11/12 readable format
Click the "Format" to select output format. Choose "Avid Media Compose > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)" as the Resolve 9/10/11/12 output format for nice importing and editing in Resolve 9/10/11/12.
Step 3: Converting MP4 video files to Davinci Resolve
After all the necessary setting have been done, click the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner to start transcoding MP4 to DNxHD .mov. Finally, launch Davinci Resolve. Find the file in the Library panel, and then double click your clip or Right-click and select "Add into Media Pool." Now the clip is added to your Media Pool. You can also import entire directors or a range of clips into the Media Pool.
Have a try this powerful tool to transcode your any MP4 videos (camera/iphone/iPad/YouTube etc) to DaVinci Resolve friendly format with three steps for nice editing.
More features of the Pavtube Video Converter:
- Transcode SD/HD/4K/3D MP4 to DaVinci Resolve, HD media player, Tablets, Smartphones, Game consoles,TV, VR headsets, Projectors, etc
- Support the new M3U8, H.265 and more formats and codecs
- Output format for various editors like FCP X, FCP 6/7, FCE, iMovie, Apple Aperture 3, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Premiere Pro CS6/5/4/3, Adobe After Effects CC/CS6, Adobe Premiere Elements 13/12, DaVinci Resolve, iPhoto, Kdenlive, Keynote, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Pro etc
- Convert various video/audio like MKV to MP4, AVI to MP4, H.264 to H.265,WMV to MP4, MOV to MP4 etc.
- Batch conversion and super fast conversion speed
- Easy-to-use MP4 to DaVinci Resolve Video Converter with simple clear interface
- Regular updates provided for registered users without extra charge for lifetime
- MP4 to After Effects CC 2015.3
- MP4 to Cyberlink Powerdirector
- MP4 to GoPro Studio
- MP4 to Sony Vegas pro
- MP4 to iMovie
- MP4 to Edius
- MP4 to Premiere Pro
- Why Can't Watch All HD/4K MP4 Movies on macOS Sierra
- Easy way to Convert MP4 to AAC on Windows 10/macOS Sierra
- 3 Tools to Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- Why MP4 Files Play Slow on a Computer? How to Solve it?
- How to Convert MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2?
- Solve can’t Edit MP4 video with VirtualDub