Convert MP4 to M4V on Windows or Mac
This article will directly recommend a professional and easy-to-use MP4 to M4V converter to help you deal with the nerve-racking video codec problem. With the help of its straightforward interface, you can quickly perform the MP4 to M4V conversion for Mac/Windows.
M4V is a video container format especially designed for Apple products like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes, etc. It's open in iTunes by default. With the gradually rising popularity of Apple iPhone, iPad, M4V is widely accepted by more and more media players and gadgets.
MP4, also MEPG-4 Part 14, is regarded as the most widely used multimedia container format for storing digital video and audio stream, as well as other useful data. Usually, MP4 files can be recognized by almost all the media players, programs and devices. Plus, it has become a huge hit especially favored in internet broadcast and streaming because of its faster loading and better quality features.
It is necessary to convert MP4 to M4V if you want to play and watch common MP4 videos on iPhone, iPod, iTunes, etc. since M4V is the default file format specially created for Apple products. To achieve the conversion from MP4 format to M4V on Mac, you need to get a professional transforming tool. Or if your MP4 files are compressed in other codecs, or the video parameters exceed the limits, you have to convert MP4 to M4V to import to QuickTime or play on your portable devices. Fortunately, you don't have to be an expert to convert MP4 to M4V. Just get Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, and you can turn incompatible MP4 to M4V format in a few clicks. If you know well about the video parameters, you can make changes to them if you want. Or simply use the preset profiles for iPhone, iPod, iPad, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc. No manual settings are required.
More Features of Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Mac:
- Three steps to finish converting MP4 to M4V.
- Edit MP4 files before converting to M4V, such as crop/trim your videos, add subtitles or watermarks to your MP4 files, and so on.
- Easily convert videos between any standard/HD video or audio formats, including H.265, M3U8, MP4, M4V, FLV, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, MP3, AC3, WAV, etc.
- Rip DVD, Blu-ray to MP4 and other popular formats easily.
- Perfectly compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
Free download or purchase:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Step-by-step Guide to Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac OS X
Step 1. Start the best MP4 to M4V Video Converter for Mac after installation. When it opens, drag and drop MP4 files to the main window, or go to "File" to import MP4 files.
Step 2. Set output video format as M4V - MPEG-4 Video(*.m4v) under Format > Common Video.
Step 3. Start converting MP4 to M4V on Mac OS X
Lastly, click the "start conversion" button and all added MP4 video files will be converted automatically to M4V by this MP4 to M4V Converter Mac. When finished, the output folder will open so you can preview it or import to iTunes to sync to your device.
Tips : If you select the iPhone, iPod or iPad preset as the output format, the converted video will be added to iTunes library automatically by default. No need to add to iTunes library yourself.
And, it you have any troubles in playing MP4 on Apple device like iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Pro/iPad Mini 4/iPad Air 2, or in importing/editing MP4 in FCP, iMovie etc, you can also use this program to help you transcode your MP4 files for smooth playback and nice editing.
- How do I choose the QuickTime Plugin and play more videos?
- Top 5 Great and Free QuickTime Alternative to Play Any Video Flawlessly
- Convert TS Folders and VOB Files to Mac and Stream to PS4
- FLV to M3U8 for QuickTime Playing
- How to Convert DVDs for playback on Sony
- Play All kinds of MKV files on PS4 with Added Subtitles
- Rip DVD to Media Jukebox for Playback on Windows/Mac