Description: Are you worried that DVD players can't play MP4 videos? Don’t worry! The tutorial shows you how to play MP4 videos on DVD player without any problems.
It is well known to us that DVD player is becoimg more and more popular, which includes standared DVD player like Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, etc and portable DVD player like Sylvania 9-Inch SDVD9000B2, Philips PD9012/37 9-Inch LCD Dual Screen, etc. You can choose what you want most DVD player according to your needs such as screen size, sound quality, built-in speakers, etc. But when you play MP4 videos on DVD player, you may encounter the following similar problems:
“I have made an MP4 video with DVD Creator and need to get it to play on DVD Player. But why when I try to put the MP4 file on the DVD player, it says “the file is not supported yet.“ What should i do?”
DVD player may play various formats: DVD, CD, MPEG-2, Divx AVI. Though you have many MP4 videos, the sad part is that the DVD player does not support MP4 because MP4 is a format with different decodes. So what is the best solution for this problem, will MP4 played on DVD player nicely? Here we offer two solutions for you.
Method 1. Burning MP4 to DVD player with five steps
MP4, otherwise known as MPEG-4, is a video format that is most notably used in portable video players such as the iPhone, Android, PSP, etc. However, the format is readily acceptable on most video programs you use on your computer and it is even possible to play the video on a DVD player. The only requirement is that the MP4 be on either a video CD or DVD.
1. Power on your computer and launch the CD/DVD burning software. You need to have the MP4 video on a disk for the CD/DVD player to read it.
2. Decide on if you want to burn CD/DVD. This may all depend on the size of the MP4 video file. If the MP4 video is larger than 700 megabytes you need to go with a DVD (700 megabytes is as much as a CD can hold).
3. Select either video CD/DVD on the menu of the burning software. Click and drag the MP4 video into the main viewing screen of the software, title the disk and click "Burn." The burning process will begin. Depending on the size of the video file, the burning process may take a few minutes.
4. Remove the CD/DVD from the computer once it has finished burning. Power the DVD player on and insert the disk into the drive. Turn on the TV and switch it to the video setting for the DVD player.
5.Wait for the MP4 video to load up on the television screen. Press the "Play" button on the DVD player to begin the playback.
Tips: If the MP4 is not on either a video CD or DVD, even if you have successfully burn MP4 to DVD without converting, you will still encounter issues in playing MP4 on DVD player: Regular standalone DVD players can only read movie DVD's (those are in MPEG-2, and if you view them in Windows Explorer, you see a folder structure with VIDEO_TS, and files like .VOB .IFO and .BUP). Newer DVD players that are DivX-certified can (in addition to the above) read data DVD’s with an AVI file encoded in the DivX codec. Most of the time, you will fail to play MP4 on DVD player unless the DVD players have the "Nero Digital" label on them.
Method 2. Converting MP4 to DVD player supported formats with three steps
Therefore, in order to play all MP4 videos on DVD player, you need a professional MP4 to DVD video converter to convert MP4 videos to DVD player compatible format like DivX AVI, MPEG-2, MPEG-1. Here is a powerful MP4 to DVD player tool - Pavtube Video Converter to help you. (read review)
Below will introduce the detailed guide on how to use this wonderful tool to successfully convert MP4 to DVD player supported videos for playing MP4 on DVD player nicely. Free download and buy the right version of this best MP4 to DVD player Converter Mac version - Pavtube Video Converter for Mac (read review) according to your computer type.
Free download the MP4 to DVD Player converter Windows version:
Free download the MP4 to DVD Player converter Mac version:
How to Convert MP4 videos to DVD Player friendly format?
(Note here we take windows version as an example, and the Mac version steps are same with the Mac version.)
Step 1. Load MP4 files to the Program
Click "Add video" button to add MP4 videos to the program. In case you would want to convert several MP4 files at the same time, just click “ Merge into one file ” to merge them all into one.
Step 2. Select DVD player friendly MPEG-2/AVI as output format
Click "Format" firstly. Then choose MPEG-2 video(*.mpg) or AVI from "Common video" for playing MP4 on DVD Player without any problems.
Tips: You can also click “ Settings ” to customize output video parameters such as video size, video bitrate, audio channels and so on depending on your needs.
Step 3. Convert MP4 to DVD player supported DivX AVI/MPEG-2
Click the big "Convert" to start MP4 to DVD player. When all the work has been done, please click green arrow button to start converting your MP4 files to MPEG-2 or DivX.
Once it is completed, you can click "Open output directory" to find your output DVD folder file. Afterwards, simply import converted MP4 files to DVD player. At last, you can play MP4 videos on DVD player at ease.
- Best solution to Play all MP4 on PS3/PS4
- Play DJI Phantom 4 4K footage on VLC Player
- Convert H.264 MP4 to H.265 MP4 on Windows/Mac
- Convert MP4 to VLC or Convert VLC files to MP4
- Best 2D to 3D MP4 Video Converter – for viewing with VR headset/3D TV etc
- How to Play MP4 on Samsung Galaxy S series
- Transcode MP4 to LG TV format for playing
- Convert and Import MP4 to Davinci Resolve
- Import MP4 to Sony Vegas Pro 13 without any error message
- Insert MP4 files to Cyberlink PowerDirector on Windows
- How to Play MP4 on Plex
- How to Play MP4 on QuickTime
*Plus: More MP4 video tips and tricks at this page. Wish you have a nice digital day!
Description: This article will explain why we often encounter "can't import MP4 into Final Cut Pro", and provide an easy way on how to successfullyimport MP4 to FCP for Mac.
If you have a lot of MP4 videos from GoPro camera, YouTube, etc. and want to edit them in FCP 6/7 for getting fantastic video effects. However, FCP only supports the following formats: Apple ProRes, Apple Intermediate codec, AVC-intra, AVCHD, DV, DVCPRO HD, H.264, HDV, iFrame, Motion JPEG, MPEG IMX(D-10), Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, XAVC, XDCAM HD/EX/HD422, QuickTime formats, etc. Plus, though Final Cut Pro 6/7 update to import MP4 video, it only support MP4 encoded with H.264. If the MP4 is encoded with other video codecs, Final Cut Pro 6/7 will still fail to import MP4.
In order to import MP4 videos into Final Cut Pro 6/7 for editing on Mac, a recommended solution is to encode MP4 to Final Cut Pro 6/7 more compatible video formats like Apple ProRes, MOV,etc. Many people try to use the standard solution of "MPEG Streamclip", but when you try to export as ProRes with current settings, only get a message that says "error: can't prepare the movie." It is clear that the method is not feasible.
Here I recommend an effective tool Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Mac. It is a clean, safe, easy-to-use and powerful MP4 to FCP converter on Mac, including the latest Mac OS X El Capitan and Yosemite, etc. With the app, you can encode MP4 to FCP 6/7 supported formats like Apple ProRes, which is so convenient and quick. Besides, this ideal MP4 to FCP Converter also features more editing functions like crop MP4 black bars, combine multiple MP4 videos into one, add subtitles to MP4 files, and etc.
- Hot Search: MP4 to Davinci Resolve, MP4 to Premiere Pro, MP4 to Avid Media Coposer, MP4 to iMovie, MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
Below is illustrated a step by step guide on how to encode MP4 to FCP 6/7 more supported format.
Download and install this Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Mac firstly.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
How to encode MP4 videos into Final Cut Pro 6/7 on Mac?
Step 1. Load MP4 files to the program
Click the "File" to the top menu bar to import MP4 files to the program.
Step 2. Set Final Cut Pro6/7 supported video format
Click “ Format” > “Final Cut Pro” > “ Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) ”. You can select one as target format depending on your request in post production.
- Apple ProRes 422 –Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422 (LT);
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) –Keep original video quality for editing in FCP;
- Apple ProRes 422 (LT) –Get a smaller file sizes than Apple ProRes 422;
- Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) –SD levels–480i/p and 576i/p. Used in offline workflows.
- Apple ProRes 4444 –Edit and finish 4:4:4 material.
You can click “Settings” to custom Size, Brate, and so on ,depending on your needs.
Step 3. Sart converting MP4 to Final Cut Pro 6/7 supported video format
Click the lower right corner of the green arrow to start the conversion format. When the conversion is done, you need to import converted videos to FCP 6/7.
When operation is completed, you will find the conversion is very simple and fast. Please have a try, this software will solve you MP4 files conversion and editing problems, and then you can import and use your MP4 files in FCP 6/7 for Mac without any problems. This tool is really worth your choice. In addition, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Mac has many other special features, for instance: complete support for more than 200 different formats, personalize videos with diversified video editing tools, custom video & audio parameter settings,etc.
- Avid Media Composer Import TZ70/TZ57 AVCHD Footages
- How to Install and Run QuickTime 7 Pro on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Simple Way to Import Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD to Sony Vegas Pro
- Solve Canon C100 AVCHD MP4 not Edited by Davinci Resolve on Mac
- How to Decode and Encode H.264 Codec on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Rip DVDs (TV Shows) to Multi-track MKV for Playback with VLC Player