Posts with #convert mp4 to wd tv tag
The WD TV is a consumer device produced by Western Digital that plays videos, images, and music from USB drives. It can play high-definition video through an HDMI port, and standard video through composite video cables. It can play most common video and audio formats. Though WD TV Media Player announced to play MP4 via USB drive or network; sometimes we still encounter cannot play the MP4 video files on WD TV HD Media Player, WD TV Mini Media Player, WD TV Live HD Media Player, WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player, WD TV Live Streaming Media Player, WD TV Live Hub Media Center, or the WD Elements Play due to the complicated codecs of MP4. The following article will explain the reason as well as provide an easy solution to successfully play all kinds of MP4 video formats (Blu-ray MP4, H.265 MP4 etc) on WD TV.
WD TV supported formats
Video formats and codecs:
MPEG1/2/4, WMV9, AVI, H.264, MKV, MOV (MPEG4, H.264), M2TS, TP, TRP, TS, MP4, ASF, VOB (unprotected or unencrypted)
Audio formats and codecs:
MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS.
How to Solve can’t play MP4 on WD TV?
An all-in-one method to successfully play video files on WD TV Media Player is to convert MP4 to WD TV more compatible one. Pavtube Video Converter is just the ideal WD TV Converter which has both Windows and Mac verison.
Acting as the WD TV Video Converter,Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can convert MKV, H.265, AVI, FLV, SWF, WebM, OGV, F4V, F4F, WTV, DVR, ASF, MPEG, WMV, AVI, DivX, DV, MP4, M4V, MOV, MXF, MKV, VOB, MTS, 3GP, and etc to WD TV more supported video format. Acting as the WD TV Audio Converter, Pavtube onverter can convert CAF, VOC, Apple Lossless, M4A, AMR, QCP, AC3, AU, and more to WD TV audio format.
Mac version - Pavtube Video Converter for Mac
Download and get the best MP4 to WD TV Video Converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Step by step to convert MP4 to WDTV player on Windows (10)
Step 1: Click "File" menu to import MP4 videos to the program.
Step 2. Set right output format. Click "Format" bar, and select .mp4 from "Common video" or "HD video" to suit WD TV.
Tips: The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the "Settings" button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is also a good choice.
Step 3. Click the "Start conversion" button on the main interface and the software will start to convert MP4 to WD TV friendly video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files. Then you can effortless transfer the video files to WD TV for playback on the go.
Simple Steps to Transfer your MP4 video files to WD TV quickly:
1) Map it as a drive on the computer that has the files you want to copy to the Hub (this is how I do it since I mass copied all my movies to the Hub with it connected to the PC on CAT5 and now only need to update)
2) Copy the files to it as a network device
3) Connect the Hub directly to the computer using CAT5 and a NIC
4) Remove the HDD from the Hub and connect it on a SATA connection or a USB SATA adapter (Destroys your Warranty)
5) Remove your computer's HDD and connect it to the HUB by whatever means you want to use (MAY destroy your PC's warranty)
6) Copy files to a backup USB HDD then connect it to the Hub and copy the files
7) Use a USB thumbdrive
- MP4 to Samsung TV
- MP4 to Samsung Blu-ray player
- MP4 to DVD player
- MP4 to Samsung Gear VR
- MP4 toSamsung Galaxy Note 7
- MP4 to VLC
- MP4 to PS4
- MP4 to Samsung Galaxy S series
- MP4 to RoKu
- MP4 to Windows Media Player
- 4K to VLC
- MKV to Apple TV 4